- The International Access Pass to connect WA games with global business networks
- Individuals can apply for up to $5,000 to travel overseas
- Funded through the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund to support and accelerate new and emerging businesses to create WA jobs
Western Australians working in games can now apply for a $5,000 travel grant through the McGowan Government's Games Industry Growth Pilot program, funded through the $16.7 million New Industries Fund.
The International Access Pass creates opportunities for WA industry to connect with key players and build business networks in this $124 billion global industry.
People who work in games can apply for a grant in five award categories:
- Superstar - the main award, for talented Western Australians who have a great product that they are ready to take to the world and who can deliver business results;
- Bright Spark - for high potential individuals who have recently graduated (within the last two years) from a WA university or VET institution/organisation;
- Trailblazer - recognising women who inspire other women and girls to develop their science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills and act as leaders in their chosen field;
- New Horizons - for individuals who use games technology, theory or skills in other sectors such as education and training, health, mining or finance; and
- Teamed Up - two awards available for one team who need to travel together to make their mission succeed.
Applicants are encouraged to attend an information session before they submit a grant application online. Visithttps://www.jtsi.wa.gov.au
The McGowan Government is trialling a new Games Industry Growth Pilot, as part of the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund, to accelerate new and emerging businesses in the games sector.
Comments attributed to Innovation and ICT Minister Dave Kelly:
"These grants will enable talented WA individuals to showcase their gaming skills, technology and designs on a global scale.
"Globally, the gaming industry is worth $124 billion and the McGowan Government is working to support local innovators through the Games Industry Pilot Program.
"This program is just one of the ways the McGowan Government is delivering on its election commitment to support new and emerging businesses in WA through the $16.7 million New Industries Fund, to create jobs and diversify the economy."
Minister's office - 6552 6100