- McGowan Government delivers on election commitment to invest in WA games industry
- New pilot will connect the local games industry with the global market
- Funding provided by the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund to support and accelerate new and emerging businesses to create WA jobs
Innovation and ICT Minister Dave Kelly today unveiled a new games industry growth pilot as part of the McGowan Government's $16.7 million New Industries Fund.
Through the pilot, the McGowan Government has committed to trialling new ways to accelerate new and emerging businesses in the games sector. The games sector has high potential to create high tech, knowledge-based WA jobs.
The State Government will work with emerging games industry, tertiary institutions, and local government to identify opportunities for developing this new industry.=
The new games industry pilot program includes:
- A new International Access Pass program providing grants of up to $5,000 for approximately ten individuals to travel to major games industry events;
- Commercialisation skilling for International Access Pass recipients so they can make the most of the business networking opportunities; and
- Showcasing WA's games industry to the global industry.
The Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation will be consulting with industry on the design of the International Access Pass program. More information can be found at http:/www.newindustries.wa.gov.au.
The Government will consider the case to extend the pilot beyond its first year of operation after considering the impact of the pilot in the first year.